How can we help you?Get in touch.
- Adoption Options for Family Formation
- Clarie Law Supports Gulf Beaches Rotary Scholarship Golf Tournament
- Celebrate Make -A-Will Month!
- Use the Official IRS App IRS2GO To Prepare and File Taxes
- Attorney Senentz Lectures at “Family Law… What Do You Do When”..? Educational Seminar
- Clarie Law Attorneys attend Hillsborough County Chapter Fl. State Guardian Association Jan. Meeting
- 3 Estate Planning New Year Resolutions For You To Do In 2017
- Attorney Senentz Speaks on the Enactment of Florida’s Fiduciary Access to Digital Asset Act
- Thanksgiving Fun: Trivia and Activities
- Attorney Clarie Lectures For Justice Teaching Program At St Paul’s Catholic School
- How do Do Not Resuscitate Order (DNRO) and a Durable Power of Attorney (DPOA) Differ?
- Attorney Senentz is a Panel Speak for Attorney’s Role in Access to Justice Seminar
- Attorney Senentz Attends Review of Economic Outlook 2016 Seminar
- Is the Activity Waiver I Sign on Behalf of My Child Enforceable?..... Maybe
- Masterson Inn Barney-B-Que
- Masterson Inn Annual Banquet
- The Presumption of Undue Influence
- Legal Options for Relatives Caring for Minor Children
- Attorney Senentz to speak at May 20th “It Takes a Village” Legal Seminar
- Duties a Personal Representative has to Estate Creditors
- Attorney D’Arcy Clarie Receives Professionalism Award
- Attorney Senentz To Present on “The Probate Process from Start to Finish”
- Attorneys Show Support for the Sgt. Jessie Davila Memorial Golf Classic
- 2015 Adoption Case Law Update
- Attorney Senentz Presents on Tax Consequences of Trust
- Bingo Night Sponsorship of Alzheimer’s Walk for Life
- 2013 Adoption Case Law Update
- Medical Marijuana
- Second Parent Adoptions
By: Peggy Senentz on Dec 12, 2016
On December 6, 2016, Peggy Clarie Senentz of Clarie Law Offices, P.A. of South Pasadena, FL presented a program entitled “ The Florida Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act, F. S. § 740: The Management and Distribution of your Digital Assets Legacy” to the St. Petersburg Sunrise Rotary Club of District 6960; Club # 4287. The presentation provided a review of the recently enacted legislation now codified under Florida Statute § 740 effective July 01, 2016 and outlined three ways a person can plan for the management and passage of their digital assets when they are unable to manage them under this Act.
In an age when many of us have immersed ourselves with ownership of numerous on-line accounts and apps, the question arises as to what happens to this digital legacy upon your death or incapacity? Florida is one of a growing number of States to pass some type of recent legislation to provide statutory authority for a fiduciary to access and manage digital assets for a person who is unable to do so, either due to death or other incapacity.
Attorney Senentz reviewed in her presentation the recently enacted Florida Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act, effective July 1, 2016 which is Florida’s law to enable fiduciaries to access and manage digital assets. The presentation also outlines three ways a person can plan for the management and passage of their digital assets when they are no longer able to undertake their management. Attorney Senentz of Clarie Law Offices, P.A. welcomes the opportunity to meet with you and determine the best way to plan for the management and distribution of your digital assets when you are unable to manage them.