How can we help you?

Get in touch.

More Articles



Legal Options for Relatives Caring for Minor Children

By: Peggy Senentz on May 5, 2016

Many times relatives serve as physical custodians for children of relatives. Florida Statute contains several ways a relative may establish formal legal custody of the minor child(ren) in their care, including Adoption, Temporary Custody of Minor Child by Family Member, Dependency and Guardianship. Formal legal recognition of the rights of the caregiver over the child(ren) in their physical custody is provided by the Court after notice and hearing to the parties. Read below to learn more about this options and contact Clarie Law Offices, P.A. if you would like to learn more about the statutory ways to formalize your rights as a relative caregiver.

download this article: